Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
Conversa Health is helping to fundamentally transform healthcare from reactive to proactive by partnering with health systems and other healthcare organizations who use our Automated Virtual Care & Triage platform to improve patient care and health. We have a library of programs – ranging from chronic care management to post-acute, perioperative, pre and post procedure, cancer, new parents, etc.- that guide patients on evidence-based pathways to better health outcomes. The magic that makes this work are the automated, personalized digital conversations (âchatsâ) that are designed to maximize engagement, collect valuable patient-generated health data (PGHD), analyze that data, and use it to drive positive behaviors/actions.
Software engineers at Amwell aim for developing great products and ensuring that modern software development frameworks and methods are applied pragmatically to optimal benefit. Some assumed traits of the candidate for this position:
- You are well into your software engineering career (5+ yearsâ experience) and are now looking to apply that proficiency to larger, distributed solutions and collaborate across system components.
- Your experience and knowledge can not only develop core solutions, but you are interested in influencing and impacting the underlying systems and processes to increase the success of your software engineering endeavors.
- Youâd like to be more visible to your extended partners (DevOps, infrastructure, security, etc.), and work to incorporate your shared desires into the technical product
- Working with Technical platform leads (software, infrastructure, operations) to develop common patterns into reusable library assets
- Software development on the core platform. with partial participation in engineering strategy initiatives (design of new features, collaborating on tool/process investigation, etc.)
- Building domain competence around the platform to support feature development and non-functional improvements (security, scale, repeatability, supportability, etc.)
- Working with engineering peers to collaborate on capability and performance enhancements
- Providing support on solutions in your team to internal / external stakeholders
- Production and preproduction troubleshooting and resolution for support incidents
- Experience in infrastructure as code (IaC) patterns and deploy/management frameworks (Terraform, Cloudformation, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge of developing on cloud platforms and the various managed services used in support of development and support
- Experience and knowledge of continuous integration/continuous delivery patterns, practices, and frameworks.
- Strong working knowledge of SCM systems and patterns for code management and distributed team development
- Proven experience with best practices in software development as a team sport, incorporating source management, code reviews, shared coding/style conventions (ex: linters), and dependency management
- Experience with containerized software development patterns (ex: Docker) and associated Continuous Integration/Deployment (CI/CD) patterns and frameworks
- Experience with APIs, Data contracts/schemas is preferred but not required
- Experience with various data persistence models is preferred but not required
- Experience with content management patterns (partial templates, versioning, etc.) is preferred but not required
Measures of Success
- You advance the overall level of the delivery success and technical competence of the assets you support
- You look for opportunities to influence the betterment of the technical platform not by waiting to be told, but instead via active collaboration and influence of your peers
- Your business partners have higher levels of delivery quality and overall improvement in time-to-market delivery of programs
Working at Amwell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Weâre a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars – our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a “virtual first” workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwellâs Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinicâs second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/112787→