The App Foundation team in PagerDuty has dual ownership – the authentication platform and the app ecosystem. Our mission is to help users seamlessly authenticate through various mechanisms from a variety of clients. You will also be working closely with other product development teams internally who will leverage our platform to build new products.
We are also going to start building an app store for PagerDuty. Come help us kick off the group thatâll be responsible for building the app store from the ground up. In this role, youâll play a key technical leadership role across development teams working to define and build the app store.
As a Senior Engineer on our team, youâll be part of a group thatâs intensely focused on our customers and the engineering community. We design, build, and run robust systems that extend and enhance our amazing products.
How You Contribute to Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
- From day one, youâll be designing, coding, testing and shipping backend applications, microservices, APIs or front-end interfaces that ensure we deliver secure, highly reliable and scalable solutions to our customers.
- Since we own and operate what we build, youâll collaborate closely with engineers across teams.
- We test in production, so youâll be involved in planning and running experiments where we deliberately stress our systems to find weaknesses and fix them proactively.
- With 10,000+ global customers and growing, youâll be solving really interesting technical challenges while helping to scale our product to keep up with demand.
- You will work with a wide range of systems, processes, and technologies to build solutions that solve customer problems.
- You will be participating in your teamâs on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues as they arise.
About You: Skills and Attributes
- You have experience working on highly available distributed systems
- You have a drive to get results without letting anything get in your way.
You have excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- You are empathetic – you can clearly communicate your thoughts and opinions to others and facilitate these technical discussions to a successful outcome.
- You can prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a highly dynamic environment with a results-oriented mindset.
- 2+ years of development experience, designing and operating large SaaS applications with scalability, availability, and the customer top of mind.
- Experience working in an agile environment with iterative development and fast feedback.
- Experience with at least one modern programming language such as React, Java, Elixir, Python, Ruby etc.
- Experience with tools that ensure your high quality work makes a smooth, automated, repeatable transition from your machine to our staging and production environments.
- Experience with the AWS cloud ecosystem.
- Experience working with authentication system such as OAuth and/or SAML.
- Experience integrating with third party libraries.
- Experience building third party app ecosystems.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/144199→