Vonage Engineering Mission: Vonage is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
We are looking for an analytical and experienced Senior Development Engineer in Test (SDET) that specializes in testing back-end applications and processes. To succeed In this role, you will automate testing back-end infrastructure, APIs, and business logic for Vonageâs latest billing and rating platform across multiple lines of business. The individual will work as part of an Agile Team and be responsible for the generation of Automated Test Cases for the Continuous Integration Pipeline, Test Planning, and Test Execution to ensure our projects can be released in an error-free manner. Our automation efforts ensure Vonage customers receive the most accurate invoice possible.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…
What you’ll do
- Develop and implement the Test Automation strategy for a streamlined CI pipeline.
- Design, develop, and maintain a version-controlled Automated Test Framework using various technologies and tools.
- Work closely with Developers to research and understand applications, create test cases, design test plans, and automate test cases for the verification of product functionality within an expansive back-end micro-service architecture.
- Utilize technologies such as AWS, Python, Kubernetes, Kafka, JSON, MongoDB, Java, Postman, Helm, and Concourse.
- Facilitate the tracking of Bugs and Enhancements (via JIRA and applicable tools).
- Document, track, and escalate issues to build effective relationships through partnerships and collaboration.
- Take responsibility for testing of individual components and end-to-end testing flows.
- Work closely with Developers, Product Owners, and Scrum Masters to review products and requirements.
What you’ll bring
- Self-motivation, creativity, and proactiveness to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including diverse technologies, labs, and architectures.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of product defects.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic and challenging team-oriented environment, and to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What’s required for application
- Experience working with containerized applications via Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud computing services, such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, or SoftLayer.
- Experience in developing, running, and maintaining a Continuous Integration system.
- Strong experience with automating and testing RESTful APIs.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/149263→