Nexus Mutual is an on-chain risk marketplace operated by and for members. Our mission is to build an ecosystem in which anyone can protect anyone else by sharing risk. The mutual launched in 2019 and has become the leading coverage provider within the DeFi ecosystem with more than $7.3m in claims have been paid to date.
The protocol provides a decentralized, transparent alternative to traditional insurance companies. The economic incentives within the mutual solve the centralized insurance industry’s core problem: the principal-agent problem.
What we are looking forÂ
We are looking for a Smart Contract Engineer who can help us buildÂ the premier on-chain risk marketplace for DeFi, CeFi and beyond. You can learn more about us here: Twitter, Discord, Github. Someone who can writeÂ and deploy complex smart contract logic, a team player that will workÂ alongside our group on designing and implementing product functionalities, and the core mechanisms that power Nexus.
Our team is working with web3 technologies across the stack. The ideal person is someone who can work both independently and as part of a team, Â has a good understanding of Web3 primitives,Â is passionate about building scalable applications, and highly curious about DeFi and Crypto.
App layer: React.js, Redux, ReduxSaga, Reselect, GraphQL, Node.js, TypeScript, AssemblyScript, MongoDB
Web3: Solidity, OpenZeppelin, Chainlink oracles, Hardhat, Mocha, Chai, Tenderly, IPFS, The Graph, Ethers.js, Web3-onboard.js
Infrastructure: AWS, CircleCI, Coveralls, Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus
Areas you’ll contribute to
- Writing and compiling Solidity Smart Contracts, including quirks and edge cases
- Ethereum testnets and contract deployment scripts
- Integrate with and fetch data from Oracles and The Graph
- Assuring blockchain and web-client integrationÂ
- Containerization of backend services
- 1 year of Solidity development experience and experience with some of our tech stack, like Hardhat, Node.js, Typescript, Ethers.JS, Node.JS, IPFS.
- Understanding of The Graph, Oracles, and the broader web3 tech stack
- Knowledge of common smart contract development design patterns, industry standards (ERCs and EIPs), and best practices. Understand typical smart contract problems like reentrancy, migrations, and upgradeability of immutable systems.
- Obsession with clean and secure code and a tendency to test your own work
You will stand out if
- You have expertise or interest in tokenomics, game theory, L2s, and DeFi protocols
- You are self-motivated and eager to keep up with the fast pace of a small, remote startup team.
- You have a low-ego attitude are willing to learn, grow and have product ownership.
- You have an understanding of layer 2 protocols, bridges and blockchain interoperability
- We are a small and dynamic team, passion for our work describes and sets the tone for everything that we do.
- We are a fully remote organisation that strives to pave the way for the future of insurance
- Our compensation package is comprised of a competitive fixed (fiat component) plus a generous token allocation
Why are we doing this?
The concept of insurance comes from communities in the past that pooled their resources to protect each other from the risks they all faced. It works better the more people are in the pool as the numbers become more reliable. But this method isnât scalable because it is a trust-based system and the network of individuals trusted by everyone in the pool only extends so far. Hence traditional insurance companies emerged.
When Ethereum and smart contracts came along we realized we could apply our insurance industry knowledge to our passion for decentralised technology. We realized we could build a mutual on a platform where individuals only need to trust the system, not everyone in it.
Specifically, we could see a solution to the problem of agencyâwhere an insurer looks after customers’ money on their behalf. We also saw the opportunity to make significant cost savings compared to the traditional insurance model. As weâre already in the UK, we have the perfect base to build out this concept due to the existing law around mutuality.
The aim is to provide our members with more simple, transparent, accessible, and affordable financial protection against their risks.
More info here ð https://nexusmutual.gitbook.io/docs/welcome/faq/nexus-mutual-the-basics
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/244240→