A bit about us
At Powerledger we build software solutions for the tracking, tracing and trading of renewable energy.
We are a team comprising of software braniacs, electricity experts, and blockchain geeks, product and project specialists, business development executives, crypto vanguards and more. We have one purpose: the democratization of power for a sustainable future.
With a culturally diverse workplace, we collectively rise up to challenges and celebrate our successes. We promote a healthy work-life balance with additional annual leave, workplace flexibility, home office allowance, along with wellness and mental wellbeing programs. There are also additional staff benefits and retailer discounts on offer.
We believe in developing staff to achieve their professional goals and career aspirations, with training grants and career coaching. We recognize the hard work of our people with quarterly awards and incentives. And whilst we might work hard, we like to celebrate with a good party too – with monthly social club events along with mid and end of year celebrations throughout the year.
If this sounds like a place you would like to work – we want to hear from you!
- Develop and provide oversight of features and improvements to Power Ledger products in a secure, well-tested, and performant way that adheres to overall PL architectural goals.
- Stay up to date with industry trends/best practices and adopt existing concepts, methodologies, etc. in order to create and open up new ways of approaching and fulfilling specific internal and external projects.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and other stakeholders within Engineering (Frontend, UX, etc.) to maintain ahigh bar for quality in an iterative environment
- Drive for improvements to product quality, security, and performance
- Solve technical problems of large scope and complexity.
- Craft code that meets Powerledgerâs internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Recognize impediments to Powerledgerâs efficiency as a team (“technical debt”), propose and implement solutions
- Ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Participate in troubleshooting product operations, security operations, and urgent engineering issues.
- Share knowledge and document solutions continuously and proficiently.
Specific Measures of Success – Expected Outcomes
Key measures of success:
- Designing and advocating technology roadmaps and architecture of the Powerledger technology ecosystem while further developing Powerledgerâs defined technical standards and practices to maintain or improve DORA metrics.
- Complete at least 80% of your quarterly and yearly objectives including but not limited to:
- Spend minimum 20 hours with a target of 40 hours/year on training as detailed and agreed in the training plan.
- Set the standards of code quality and high-level vision for coding quality
- Actively review and contribute to mission-critical PRs in a timely manner.
- Consistently implement improvements each quarter: This could be a process, design pattern, and performance (may include spiking topics) etc as recorded in your Personal Development Plan (Objectives document).
- Act as a trusted advisor for feature leads, and disseminate knowledge across squads
- Identify and manage system risks and implement risk management strategies
- Actively train and mentor team members
- Lead and enable knowledge sharing sessions
- Accountable for cross-squad concerns such as DevOps, Security, cost optimisation as agreed in your Objectives document
- Enhance Powerledgerâs inclusive and productive dev team culture
- Live the Powerledger values
Certification in computer science or equivalent industry experience
Experience and Knowledge:
- > 8years proven experience
- Strong communication skills
- Proven experience designing and implementing complex solutions
- Exceptional programming skills in at least one domain
- Working knowledge in multiple tech domains
- Experience with SQL and MongoDB databases
- Web Services technologies experience i.e. REST
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Experience developing Spring Boot services
- Experience with Apache Kafka
- Experience with Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience working with Cloud environments and technologies (GCP preferred)
- Basic knowledge of blockchain systems
Operate consistently with our four values:
As team members, we are focused on the mission, and strive to grow our platform in ways that benefit and delight our clients. We seek to do business with like-minded companies, because they hold us accountable for the same values. We are open to learn from our partners, the market and adapt our solutions to make sure we deliver the best value in any given circumstance.
We are one team
We are there for each other. We are open-minded, active listeners, who speak candidly and maintain honest communication. Teammates at all levels are unafraid to speak their mind, ask for help, learn from one another, develop ideas, or seek some kind of contribution; Especially before they push the button on something.
Built on accountability
We take personal responsibility and are accountable for delivering the company mission and goals in the pursuit of success of the business.
We recognise that to build trust we need to operate inside of these four dimensions: being truthful, holding ourselves and others accountable when things do and donât go to plan, operating in a way that is consistent with our competence and delivering what is important to our clients.
Leading with rigour
We strive for excellence with rigorous attention to detail and if necessary persistence. Our rigour allows us to understand our world, our industry and our clients and we donât feel we need to just resort to cliche or just follow the herd. We come up with bold solutions that delight clients, with a delivery that surpasses expectations. We push boundaries to challenge ourselves, explore new thoughts, and develop opportunities that lead to customer-focused solutions that are sustainable for the future.
âPowerledger is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to celebrate diversity and ensure we create an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, the LGBTQIA+ community, people living with disabilities, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/184186→