We are looking for an experienced Sr Staff Site Reliability Engineer to help found our Reliability Engineering team. You will be responsible for both the technical and human aspects of reliability engineering, working closely with engineering and other stakeholder teams to ensure that our systems are highly available, scalable, and performant.
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Todayâs financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky – supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So weâre rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower todayâs financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As a Sr. Staff Site Reliability Engineer youâll get to:
- In coordination with senior and staff+ engineers, build and champion a long-term tech roadmap to improve reliability, ensure scalability, reduce risk, and push the organization towards step-changes in operational sustainability.
- Mentor and coach ICs to identify patterns for improving reliability in both software, tooling and process.
- Design, implement, and maintain highly available, scalable, and performant systems
- Drive the development and implementation of observability and monitoring initiatives across our organization.
- Search for the truth in conceptualization and development of internal tools and products to ensure you accelerate and empower engineers.
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- 8+ years of software development experience, including at least one of the following: Golang, Kotlin, Rust, Java, C++.
- Strong computer science and programming fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- At least 5+ years of experience of hands-on work in infrastructure and scaling distributed systems.
- At least 5+ years of technical leadership on SRE / SWE teams focused on infrastructure, reliability, and/or software engineering at scale.
- Strong experience in encouraging a strong engineering culture and improving reliability in a growing company, including the ability to work closely with other senior and staff engineers to drive change.
- Knowledge of incident management and post-incident review processes, including the ability to develop and implement incident response processes at both the team and org level.
- Understanding of Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and Service Level Indicators (SLIs), as well as experience designing and implementing them.
You might also have:
- A strong foundation in infrastructure fundamentals, including knowledge of networking, operating systems, and distributed systems.
- Solid understanding of concepts like load balancing, HA/failover, ingress, inter-service communications in a microservices style cluster, idempotence, ACID, guaranteed delivery, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and Kubernetes, as well as cloud platforms like AWS or GCP.
- Expertise in monitoring and observability technologies such as Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, OTEL
- Eager to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse multi-disciplinary team, collaborating effectively with stakeholders
- Desire to learn new technologies, innovate and discover better ways to solve engineering challenges of high performance trading systems and APIs, including performance tuning, latency optimizations and constant new development of APIs
What youâll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built Inâs âBest Places to Workâ lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Web 3.0 Is Still the Place to Be
- A Conversation with Paxos Product Leaders
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- Mercado Libre Reaches 1M+ Users in 60 Days With Paxos
- Paxos Was Built to Protect its Customers
- CNBC Crypto World Interviews Paxos CEO on USDP stablecoin
- Paxos CEO Charles Cascarillaâs Perspectives on the Current State of the Global Economy
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to U.S. Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesnât perfectly match the descriptionâ¦apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/236259→