Staff Software Engineer – Custody
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Todayâs financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky – supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So weâre rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower todayâs financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
Our Custody group is looking for Staff Software Engineers to join our growing teams. The group is responsible for building the major parts of Paxosâ Crypto Brokerage and Custody platform. Our challenges include security, scalability, reliability, availability, API offering, 3rd party integrations, etc. We deal with both the cryptocurrency world and the traditional financial world. We take pride in continuous innovation, high performance, effective mentoring/coaching, multi-disciplinary collaboration and the authentic application of lean/agile methods.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you’ll get to:
- Play a critical role in helping to set the direction and goals for the team, in terms of project impact, quality, and engineering efficiency
- Design and implement high quality software from concept through to launch – taking ownership of design, coding, testing and deployment of key proprietary software components of our custody platforms
- Apply engineering best-practices including unit and integration testing, source code version control, agile planning/estimation
- Effectively resolve ambiguity, analyzing complex requirements and breaking down features and initiatives into tactical tasks
- Effectively navigate the trade-offs among MVP vs Enterprise-Grade, Time-to-market and in other relevant dimensions
- Search for the truth in product conceptualization and development, ensuring designs and implementations are fully aligned with the company mission and product goals
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
- Influence the engineering culture in your broader team and advocate for higher quality and engineering efficiency
- Help with recruiting new members to the team by pitching the team and projects. Help onboard new members into your team, by mentoring them and making it easy to ramp up in your team’s codebases
Your experience should include:
- 8+ years of software development experience, including at least one of the following: Golang, Kotlin, Rust, Java, C++.
- Strong computer science and programming fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
You might also have:
- Mastery of core engineering concepts including data structures, design best practices, run-time optimizations, and algorithmic complexity
- Able to apply both OO and functional style to coding
- Solid understanding of concepts like load balancing, HA/failover, ingress, inter-service communications in a microservices style cluster, idempotence, ACID, guaranteed delivery, etc.
- Technical expert in at least one domain like Trading Systems, Distributed Systems, Cryptography, Databases, or AWS
- Can understand and articulate the architecture of an entire system, including the technical trade-offs between different design implementations of high performance, low latency order state management
- Familiar with digital-native online web application architectures and infrastructures, including clustering (Kubernetes), containerizing (Docker), message queuing (MQ / Kafka), telemetry/instrumentation (Prometheus/Grafana), etc.
- Familiar with APIs / Connectivity technologies, REST API or FIX, sockets, TCP, UDP, multicast
- Eager to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse multi-disciplinary team, collaborating effectively with stakeholders
- Constantly seeks to learn new technologies, innovate and discover better ways to solve engineering challenges of high performance trading systems and APIs, including performance tuning, latency optimizations and constant new development of APIs
What youâll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built Inâs âBest Places to Workâ lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Web 3.0 Is Still the Place to Be
- A Conversation with Paxos Product Leaders
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- Mercado Libre Reaches 1M+ Users in 60 Days With Paxos
- Paxos Was Built to Protect its Customers
- CNBC Crypto World Interviews Paxos CEO on USDP stablecoin
- Paxos CEO Charles Cascarillaâs Perspectives on the Current State of the Global Economy
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to U.S. Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesnât perfectly match the descriptionâ¦apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/201401→