Regulatory Platform is looking for a Staff Frontend Engineer to join our growing Regulatory Platform Engineering team. You will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the infrastructure, platform and features of our websites, ensuring they are robust, scalable, and efficient.
We are a key contributor to the growth of Paxos – responsible for building the platform to address our customerâs regulatory, compliance and risk concerns – helping bring their Paxos-based products to market faster and with lower risk.
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Todayâs financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky – supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So weâre rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower todayâs financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As a Staff Engineer youâll get to:
- Design and develop the infrastructure of our websites, including web servers, load balancers, and caching systems
- Deliver highly performant web sites and features to a global audience
- Collaborate with the DevOps team to deploy and manage website infrastructure on cloud-based platforms like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use in web site infrastructure projects
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs by working closely with the design team
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in web site development
- Write clean, well-documented, and maintainable code
- Continuously improve website performance and user experience
- Search for the truth in product conceptualization and development, ensuring designs and implementations are fully aligned with the company mission and product goals
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- 5+ years of experience with infrastructure and architecture: designing and implementing front-end infrastructure, including deployment pipelines, build systems, and monitoring tools.
- Expertise in web site infrastructure technologies, including web servers, load balancers, and caching systems on cloud-based platforms like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Deep knowledge of front-end tooling such as package managers, build tools, and task runners, as well as front-end workflows such as version control, code review, and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Familiarity with server-side rendering frameworks such as Node.js or Next.js
- Strong knowledge of authentication and security protocols, such as SSL, TLS and OAuth
- Experience with Git, JIRA, and other project management tools
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A passion for building world-class websites and web site infrastructure
You might also have:
- Mastery of core engineering concepts including data structures, design best practices, run-time optimizations, and algorithmic complexity
- Solid understanding of concepts like load balancing, HA/failover, ingress, inter-service communications in a microservices style cluster, idempotence, ACID, guaranteed delivery, etc.
- Technical expertise in at least one domain like Distributed Systems, Cryptography, Databases, or AWS
- Familiar with online cloud architectures and infrastructures, including clustering (Kubernetes), containerizing (Docker), message queuing (MQ / Kafka), telemetry/instrumentation (Prometheus/Grafana), etc.
- Familiar with APIs / Connectivity technologies, REST API or sockets, TCP, UDP, multicast
- Eager to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse multi-disciplinary team, collaborating effectively with stakeholders
- Constantly seeks to learn new technologies, innovate and discover better ways to solve engineering challenges of high performance trading systems and APIs, including performance tuning, latency optimizations and constant new development of APIs
What youâll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built Inâs âBest Places to Workâ lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Web 3.0 Is Still the Place to Be
- A Conversation with Paxos Product Leaders
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- Mercado Libre Reaches 1M+ Users in 60 Days With Paxos
- Paxos Was Built to Protect its Customers
- CNBC Crypto World Interviews Paxos CEO on USDP stablecoin
- Paxos CEO Charles Cascarillaâs Perspectives on the Current State of the Global Economy
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to U.S. Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesnât perfectly match the descriptionâ¦apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/244241→