Magnaâs goal is to be the one-stop solution for all token-based crypto companies who want to track outstanding and promised token allocations, automate the distribution of those tokens, and manage information about their stakeholders. Some liken us to âCarta for Web3â.
Our mission is to make it easier for crypto companies to manage their tokens and tokenholders so that they can focus on their product and not custom internal tools and smart contracts as they scale. We work with projects of all sizes throughout various L1 & L2 ecosystems.
Tokens are amongst the core assets crypto companies use to compensate and incentivize investors, employees, advisors, and even community members. The most common use cases for Magna include:
- Token VestingÂ to employees and investors – Automated token distribution based on custom unlock schedules.
- Token StreamingÂ – Continuous distribution of tokens to stakeholders.
- AirdropsÂ – Vested airdrops to community members.
- Programmable UnlocksÂ â Distributing tokens using our SDK based on contract interactions or in-app/in-game accomplishments.
- Stakeholder ManagementÂ â Tracking tax liability and legal filings for tokenholders and more.
Magnaâs platform is used by investors, employees, accountants, lawyers, and other key stakeholders throughout the crypto ecosystem.
Why Work at Magna?
- Weâre a highly technical team
- This is a space with deep technical challenges that reward builders. The blockchain isnât just a distributed ledger anymore, itâs a distributed state machine. At Magna, weâre not just building a new paradigm of software â weâre also trying to leverage the best of web2 while weâre at it.
- Weâre aÂ well-funded companyÂ with runway that can last us through the bear market (as long as that may be)
- A downtown Manhattan office with our own rooftop âÂ we operate on a hybrid model, where most employees come in a couple of times per week.
- HardwareÂ â Whatever you need to get things done, plus a stipend to set up your home office.
- Learning budgetÂ â Buy courses and attend conferences or hackathons.
- Unlimited VacationÂ â Take time off when you need it – 2 week minimum.
- Top-notch healthcare plansÂ â We offer the best available platinum PPO and other similar plans that give you the most options with the lowest deductibles.
About the Role
The ideal tech lead is a senior software engineer who oversees the development of projects and mentors a team of engineers. By joining Magna, you will build the future of token management with us by making crucial decisions in the design and implementation of software architecture that scales.
What youâll do
- Own the software architecture and technical designs, providing technical leadership and expertise along the way
- Identify and mitigate technical risks
- Ensure that technical debt is kept under control
- Where appropriate, ensure code modularity in the code written by the team through peer code-reviews, to increase our teamâs velocity and make our code infrastructure more scalable
- Work closely with the product owner to ensure that the roadmap is feasible and deadlines are realistic
- Review potential engineering candidates as we grow our footprint and scope
What weâre looking for
- A team leader, or a senior software engineer ready to step up! Someone with directionally 5+ years of experience.
- Experience working with data-intensive applications, or apps used by tens of thousands of users
- Familiarity with our tech stack
- Based in New York City and open to a hybrid work environment
Magnaâs Tech Stack
Magna is a multi-chain dapp, and our stack includes TypeScript, Next.js, React and GraphQL, as well as the native languages for various blockchains (i.e. Solidity, Rust, Move).
Experience with any of these isÂ nice to have,Â but not a requirement:
- DevOps, infrastructure, or data analytics experience
- Interfacing with smart contracts and blockchain via libraries (any blockchain).
- Applications where security and integrity is extremely important (finance, fintech, government, etc.)
Reasons you might be the right candidate for this role
- Experience leading a teamÂ â Youâre used to splitting up work, reviewing PRs, and holding the team to a high bar of technical excellence and thoughtful
- Passion for engineeringÂ â genuine passion and curiosity for the craft that you bring to work each day
- Good tasteÂ â You think critically aboutÂ howÂ you build what you build, and apply good judgment to every design and implementation decision along the way.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/199865→