Headquarters: Palo Alto, California
Aselo is a software platform for child helplines around the world. We build the software that enables helpline counselors to support children in crisis. A key part of an Aselo-based helpline is integration with local telecom carriers to provide a seamless experience for people who access the helpline via voice or SMS. We are looking for a program manager in a part-time (50%) capacity who can drive these integrations forward.
In this role you will:
- When a helpline adopts Aselo as its new contact center platform, drive integration of voice and SMS as part of a successful launch. Coordinate with Aselo staff, local telecoms, the helpline, and technical experts to ensure a smooth transition.
- Where needed, find and manage regional technical experts to carry out implementations. We expect to have implementations on six continents in 2023.
- Oversee the ongoing maintenance and success of these implementations once helplines are live, and build a scalable process for handling accelerating growth.
You could be a great candidate for this role if you:
- Have project management experience with VoIP integrations, especially Bring Your Own Carrier (BYOC) integrations using SIP, preferably with some of that experience outside North America and Europe
- Have sufficient technical knowledge about VoIP technologies such as Asterisk, Kamailio, SBCs and SIP trunking to work effectively with engineers and technical experts
- Are highly organized and capable of managing multiple simultaneous projects
- Possess organizational savvy: the ability to get things done working with multiple parties in complex organizations
- Align with the Tech Matters values of Impact, Empathy, and Collaboration and its social impact mission
It would be great, but not necessary, if you:
- Have experience specifically working with Twilio products and/or Amazon Web Services (Aselo runs on top of these services)
- Have experience setting up VoIP technologies in more than one region of the world
- Speak one or more major languages in addition to English
The position is entirely remote, though you can expect travel up to 20% of your time for in-person team events and customer visits. You can be based anywhere in the Americas, or in Europe or Africa provided you are willing to do evening calls with the rest of the team. You can also expect occasional calls outside of normal working hours in order to talk with partners around the world.
As this position involves international business travel, COVID-19 vaccinations are required. Travel will likely include countries where vaccinations or prophylaxis is recommended by health authorities (for example, yellow fever vaccination or anti-malarials).
Intended compensation is roughly US$30 to $60 per hour. This is intended to be near-market compensation for those in less expensive locales, or perhaps a “low bono” charitable role for those in more expensive locales.
You should apply
Our users come from all kinds of communities, and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our organization stronger in delivering social impact. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities.
We know there are great candidates who might not check all of these boxes or who possess important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
An important part of every application is a cover letter describing why this position and our mission particularly resonated with you.
Aselo is a rapidly growing social enterprise with the goal of helping 100 million kids in crisis all around the world by 2025. In partnership with Child Helpline International and its over 160 helpline members in nearly 140 countries, we operate an open source, cloud-based contact center platform built to give these crisis helplines the same technology power enjoyed by big corporate call centers. Aselo is now the production system for nine national helplines, with ten more in process to go live, and with serious interest from many more around the world.
The need is great: these child helplines receive over 30 million calls annually yet many are only able to answer one-third of the calls they receive. 94% of their communications are still voice calls, while the vast majority of children are far more comfortable with text. During the pandemic, volumes have increased by 50% or more in many countries, increasing the urgency for upgraded technology.
About Tech Matters
Tech Matters is a nonprofit organization that leverages the power of tech to support social sector innovators and advance large-scale positive social change. As tech nerds for the social sector, we identify leverage points where technology can help hundreds or thousands of social sector organizations collaborate around solving a common social or environmental problem. Aselo is our first new social enterprise to launch.
More information on Aselo and Tech Matters
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/tech-matters-telecom-program-manager→