Technical Art Director
About Star Atlas:
Star Atlas is a next-gen MMORPG metaverse emerging from the confluence of the Solana blockchain, Unreal Engine 5âs real-time graphics technology and decentralized financial protocols. Developed by ATMTA Inc., Star Atlas combines play-to-earn NFT mechanics with an AAA cinematic space-genre experience creating an economy that replicates the tangibility of real world assets and ownership.
About This Role:
In this role, you’ll be working closely with Artists, Engineers, and other Technical Artists to find both day-to-day and long-term improvements to the art pipeline for the Star Atlas team. This role requires in-depth technical knowledge and strong aesthetic inclination. The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of both real-time and standard production art pipelines. Determining optimal workflow, tools and import/export paths for all assets in the game is an important function for the role.
- Work closely with the Art, Design and Engineering teams to effectively produce correct art content.
- Bring characters, ships & props to life with a mixture of rigging, animating and physics tuning.
- Help shape and evolve art pipelines, including tools, software, plug-ins and game technology.
- Establish and maintain art content pipelines focusing on Maya and Unreal Engine
- Check assets in terms of technical setup for their usage in Star Atlas.
- Investigate new techniques, assist in prototyping and help other developers with technical roadblocks
- Facilitate communication and asset pipeline between engineering and artist teams
- Demonstrate relevant experience in the game development industry.
- Passionate about innovation, improving pipelines, developing new tools and adapting to new technologies.
- Technical proficiency with Unreal Engine.
- Experience in using 3D graphics software such as Maya or similar, Houdini, Substance.
- Understanding of scripting/programming languages such as Python, C#, C++..
- Understanding of material and texturing workflows is a plus
- Loves to be part of a passionate team and can communicate effectively.
- Have a strong understanding of art content and techniques, including modeling, texturing and shading, and Physically Based Rendering
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/150184→