Our mission is to make markets universally fair and accessible.
Who is UMA?
We are a team, driven by a shared belief that markets should be universally accessible. Our goal is to enable anyone to attain or transfer any form of financial risk, thus empowering everyone to participate in a universally accessible financial system. We have built an optimistic oracle for web3, and are building a robust ecosystem around that core solution. Our growing team is relatively small but incredibly mighty, and strives to be an engaging leader in the DeFi community.
Where are we headed:
– Weâre building foundational infrastructure for web3 and developing high quality products to showcase this.
– Our road-map is robust, and with an iterative and continuous development philosophy, weâre always building.
– Weâre a global team that values diverse perspectives and top tier talent. Weâre growing internationally with the support of top tier investors and advisors.
Where do you fit in?
We’re looking for a specially-skilled Technical Social Media Manager to join our team. We know our product is innovative and created by top-notch people; but we sometimes fail to be loud enough in the crypto circles. We want to in-house a wordsmith that knows how to get their point across and have their ideas heard. You arenât expected to bring an audience with you, but, you should have a proven record of successful twitter campaigns that grow an engaged audience. These include sharing ideas that go viral, winning based debates without losing your cool, and generally being noticed. A twitter evangelist and influencer if you will.
This candidate will need to be sharp and pay a lot of attention to detail. You should understand UMAâs infrastructure and be able to speak about it accurately.
- Grow an audience: find, engage, and gather an influential audience in the right communities and environments all while staying aligned with UMAâs key messages and products.
- Trends: Follow ongoing trends, be ahead of the curve, and participate in the CT discussions gaining UMA brand awareness
- Persona and Influence: Maintain a well-rounded persona, so as not to be seen as an UMA shill but instead as invaluable knowledge that gains the attention of other key opinion leaders, just like yourself.
- Convey Intellectual Curiosity: use your financial engineering knowledge and desire to turn academic research into useful technology to share valuable insights internally and externally
- Community contributions: Represent UMA in community and protocol forums as a way to support improvements for the UMA ecosystem, or to expand brand awareness in an elegant and not spammy way
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience: in a communications, technical, or marketing role (or proof that you know how to win an audience and the numbers speak for themself)
- Analytics: you live and breathe twitter analytics and are driven by engagement
- Communication skills: can explain complex topics in many ways, very concisely. You enjoy joining conversations on technical topics in various formats: hosting twitter spaces, forums discussions, etc..
- Knowledge: Finance, blockchain, and high level technical understanding is essential (bonus if youâre well versed in smart contracts/solidity)
- Attitude: Youâre funny, clever, quick and able to put a personal spin on our brand voice and key messages in a way that makes you stand out from the crowd
– UMA’s pay packages include competitive salaries & meaningful token options. Salaries for this role range from $50-100k (USD), and your token allocation can grow with your voting rewards while you participate in the growing ecosystem.
– Philosophies for a culture that show we care: Take vacation when you need it, family care, training and development (just to name a few)
– 100% remote, which means we encourage you to create the work environment that you thrive in.
1) We value each individualâs right to economic freedom
2) We value openness, honesty, and directness.
3) We value integrity.
4) We value iterative learning.
5) We value taking smart risks. We value creating an environment where everyone âdoes their best workâ.
Still want to know more?
-Our team at UMA blends a mix of highly-sought engineers, developers and community builders with a traditional finance pedigree. Our fast-growing team includes a diverse background of experiences and has drawn talent from Google, Ernst & Young, IBM and Goldman Sachs. Weâre a decentralized protocol governed by community members across the globe in a DAO, and supported by Risk Labs Foundation.
-We value economic freedom, integrity, and taking smart risks. Youâll succeed at UMA if youâre a self-starter, kind, adaptable, and passionate about building impactful tools to make finance more equitable.
-UMA is a remote-first international team and we support everyone to create an environment where they can do their best work. UMA teammates take the time off that they need and support each other to create an environment where they are happy, healthy, and inspired. We pride ourselves on being family-friendly as well as nomad-friendly.
-You will not get bored at UMA. The OO empowers unlimited ideas, products, services and protocols. We are constantly developing, building, experimenting and evolving.
Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Risk Labs, the employing entity, is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplaces. So, if youâre excited about this role but your past experience doesnât perfectly align- we encourage you to apply anyways. We value you taking the chance. Risk labs will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/150167→