You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If youâre excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Helix is the leading population genomics and viral surveillance company. Helix enables health systems, public health organizations, and life science companies to accelerate the integration of genomic data into patient care and public health decision-making.
We are continuing to scale our world-class team to support our dedication to empowering every person to improve their life through DNA.
What is special about this role?
You will work cross-functionally with some of the best minds in biotech, genomics, and cloud, using bleeding edge cloud technologies in order to empower every person to improve their life through DNA.
As a Test Engineer, you will:
- Work alongside software engineers and software engineers in test, in an agile, product-driven environment.
- Participate in requirements and design review meetings to create comprehensive test strategies, plans, and acceptance criteria.
- Design, create, enhance, and maintain detailed test cases and conduct manual testing.
- Create detailed validation deliverables such as Validation Plans and Validation Reports.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and robust execution of testing as part of a regular release schedule.
- Report, track and escalate anomalies discovered during testing and ensure closure on issues.
- Work to understand our external and internal customers and advocate on their behalf.
- 3+ years of software testing and/or validation experience
- Experience in writing verification plans, test cases, executing and managing test cases using a test case management system, and writing verification reports to verify system functionality
- Strong understanding of SDLC processes, specifically agile scrum methodology
- Experience in medical, biopharmaceutical or device industries, and/or experience working in a clinical setting
- Experience finding and documenting software defects, and reproducing bugs
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Understanding of test methodologies (E2E, acceptance, unit, load)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding NGS data analysis, variant interpretation, molecular biology, bioinformatics, or related field of biology
- Familiarity with regulatory and compliance frameworks including 21 CFR Part 11, 21 CFR 820, Medical Device Data Software (MDDS), GAMP 5, and HIPAA
- Working knowledge of at least one programming and/or scripting language (e.g., golang, python, bash, etc.)
- Experience with API testing
- Experience with automated testing frameworks (e.g., xUnit, Cucumber, Gingko, Selenium, JMeter)
- Experience with relational or other databases (e.g. postgres, mysql, DynamoDB)
- Experience testing cloud-native, microservice-based software architectures
- Experience testing serverless (e.g., AWS Lambda) and asynchronous (e.g., AWS SQS) software architectures
Whatâs important to us:
- Curiosity â we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome
- Responsibility â we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
- Agility â flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the Helix culture
- Follow-through â weâre building a diverse team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments
What Helix has to offer you:
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, Comprehensive Health insurance package including employer sponsored HSA
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 401(k) with employer matching and 100% vested on first day
- Comprehensive Well Being benefits
- Flexible PTO
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/142652→