Headquarters: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I’m Nicolás, TestGorilla’s Head of Engineering. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps hiring teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
Over the past year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 7,500 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way.
As we scale our efforts in 2022 and beyond, we’re looking for a Senior Website Developer who’s passionate about joining our quest to help people land dream jobs.
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- Competitive salary + Share Appreciation Rights (SARs)
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Remote working budget: €1,000 per year
- Learning and development budget: 3,5% of salary
The job in a nutshell
We are looking to hire a skilled and experienced Senior Website Developer to design, build, and improve our company website. You will own both technical and process definitions to allow TestGorilla to have a first-class website optimized for SEO and conversion.
You will be joining our growth efforts by collaborating with marketing and product teams to design and implement an incredibly efficient customer acquisition and activation funnel. You will also collaborate across departments to architect and optimize our company website and help them deliver content efficiently and promptly.
As an experienced engineer, you’re expected to collaborate strongly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders to simplify problems, create abstractions, and define clear solutions. This is a fantastic opportunity for a top-class Website developer willing to embark on an entrepreneurial journey with us!
You’ll spend time on the following
- Design and develop our company website’s architecture as well as building new features and functionalities
- Build, deploy, and maintain a performant, accessible, and modern TestGorilla website
- Work collaboratively with our designers to help bring “static” mockups to life optimized for accessibility and conversion
- Draw on UX/UI skill set to interpret responsive states from static designs, and execute layouts that perform seamlessly across modern devices and screen sizes
- Maintain and troubleshoot issues using popular headless CMSs and modern web development frameworks such as Contentful, Strapi, Directus, React, Next.js, and Gatsby
- Design and implement a smooth content migration from our current CMS into the new architecture
- Respond to security and website performance issues
- Maintaining well-documented and reusable code
Here’s what we’re looking for
- You are inspired by our mission to put one billion people in dream jobs
- You are fully aligned with our values
- Strong background in web performance principles and page speed optimization techniques.
- Understanding SEO implementation and best practices.
- UI/UX design sensibility, and experience developing with accessibility in mind
- Experience customizing Webpack or similar tooling software plus experience with Gulp, Yarn, NPM, and Git
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills
- You are passionate about improving skills and learning new technologies
- You enjoy influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills. You can validate your decisions and communicate them clearly
- You are comfortable with the ambiguity and pace of an early-stage startup
We typically expect candidates with at least 2-5 years of web development experience to have the skills mentioned above.
Bonus points if …
- Knowledge about modern Node-based development practices and common frameworks, including Next.js & Gatsby.
- Knowledge about Marketing funnels, Ads, and customer acquisition concepts
- Understanding of 508-site compliance
- You have experience working in a SaaS company and a fast-growing startup
We don’t offer rainbow glitter unicorns or dog-friendly offices (we literally don’t have an office), but we do offer solid core values and a product meant to give everyone a fair, unbiased chance at their dream jobs.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions, faster and bias-free.
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment so we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/testgorilla-senior-website-developer-1→