Are you an experienced front end web developer who is passionate about education and making an impact? Do you love empowering others to find life-changing opportunities? Then this may be the position for you!
We believe learning a new skill, like coding, should be exciting and engaging â and that starts with the instructor. You’ll notice that prior teaching experience isn’t a prerequisite to being an Instructor. If you bring knowledge, strong communication, and a positive energy to the classroom, you’re going to help students along their transformative path to a successful and rewarding career. We’ll provide the training, lesson plans, and tools to support you on your journey of impacting lives in the classroom.
Skills & Requirements
- Must reside in the United Kingdom
- Experience in Web Development & Working with databases, server-side languages and libraries like MongoDB, MySQL, Node, Express and ORMs is highly desired
- Strong background or work experience in computer programming or web development field
- Bachelor’s Degree is highly preferred, but not required
- Experience with version control (Git, Github) and deployment servers such as Nestify
- Friendly, approachable personality and foster engagement among students.
- Excellent presentation and both written and oral communication skills
What You Will Do:
- Lead online lectures following a detailed lesson plan that includes an active discussion environment and project-based learning.
- Bring the learning experience to life by building community and enhancing relevance by drawing on your own industry experience.
- Translate complex subject matter in a clear and concise manner for a diverse range of learners or skill levels.
- Provide support and encouragement to students as they go through a life-changing experience.
- Create an engaging, positive, and inclusive learning environment for our students.
- Increase participant engagement using diï¬erent facilitation tactics.
- Guide large and small groups of learners in an empathetic manner.
- Amplify student satisfaction by creating a positive classroom culture, communicating timely with students and leveraging effective interventions and sharing of resources
- 16-week program (this is a part-time commitment)
- Tues/Wed/Thurs 6:30-9:30 PM BST
- Saturday Office Hours -10-12 PM BST
Classes are taught online:
- Must have a laptop, camera, at least one additional monitor, microphone / headset, and reliable internet access.
- Experience with Zoom video conferencing preferred.
- Maintain your current career while teaching
- 20% Discount on 2U Short Courses
- Hone your own skills by teaching and mentoring others
- Expand your network by joining the thousands of industry professionals who make up our Instructional Staff
- Experience the gratitude and fulfillment that comes along with teaching and giving back to the tech community
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteOK.com/jobs/118601→